What Do You Want to Change?
How Do You Get There?
What Counts as Success?
James Bryant Conant University Professor, Harvard University
Director, The Reimagining Migration Project
Postdoc, The Ten Questions for Young Changemakers Project
Our Returning Teachers
The Ten Questions for Young Changemakers Project at Harvard is inviting high school/junior high school teachers to our Ten Questions Teacher Leader Program. The Ten Questions are designed to help young people cultivate successful—equitable, effective, and self-protective—civic agency in a digital age. You can fold the framework into a variety of approaches to civics education, such as political discussion, media production, history lessons, digital storytelling, youth participatory action research, action civics, and research projects.
When/Where We Will Meet
- Session I will be held on Saturday, February 10, 2017, from 9:15 am to 2:15 pm at Harvard University (Bowie-Vernon Room (K262), CGIS Knafel Building, 1737 Cambridge St., Cambridge, MA 02138).
Who Will Be There?
- Professor Danielle Allen (Harvard), Adam Strom (Director, The Reimagining Migration Project), Chaebong Nam (postdoc at Harvard), and returning teacher leaders.
What We Hope You Will Do
Learn about the Ten Questions, brainstorm, and discuss future plans to:
- Fold the Ten Questions into the classroom
- Develop a learning module(s) using the Ten Questions
- Teach other teachers in professional development workshops
- Come back to the final session scheduled for May 19, 2018.
Optional Additional Possibilities & Participation
- We are seeking teachers interested in having us assess the impact of the modules on students learning.
- We are designing new assessment instruments for civic education and welcome volunteers willing to try them out.
- There is no requirement to participate in this assessment element as a part of the teacher leader program. It is optional.
What We Can Offer
- A letter issued by Project Zero/Harvard Graduate School of Education to validate your completion of the number of hours spent in the program.
- Opportunities to lead a workshop at national or local conferences (travel expenses and honoraria will be awarded).
- No fee is required; lunch and snack will be provided.
What You Can Do Now
- Please register for the event via this Eventbrite link by February 8, 2017. If you have any questions (such as a parking spot), please contact Program Manager, Chaebong Nam, at firstname.lastname@example.org.